This 4 month, online course is designed to give farmers the skills and tools needed to cultivate financially sustainable businesses.
Whether you struggle to understand the economics of your business or just want to increase your farm’s profitability, this course is for you! Each week, you will delve into specific business topics that will help you maximize your farm’s profitability.
Group sessions begin in January 2018 and meet on-line for 2 hours every other week. The first hour is devoted to a specific business topic, such as QuickBooks or Cash Flow Budgeting. The remaining portion of each class is an open discussion for participants to ask specific questions about their businesses.
This “consulting collective” combines the benefits of a business workshop and one-on-one technical assistance, with the added value of peer-learning:
- Get the business support you need, when you need it, as challenges arise.
- Cut travel costs and save time by meeting online.
- Sessions are recorded, so you can catch-up and re-listen later.
- Learn from your peers AND get one-on-one consulting.
Space is limited; reserve your spot now! Register before December 15, 2017 and receive $100 off the membership price. Just enter in the discount code: TFEearly
- Learn comprehensive bookkeeping systems designed to help you manage your business.
- Create systems for understanding all the costs in your business
- Create cash flow budgets and learn the tools to help you stay on track
- Learn system to manage cash and cash flow
- Build a strategy to grow your business profitably
- Learn how to analyze your numbers so you know how to focus your business
At the end of the year participants will have:
- Comprehensive bookkeeping systems designed to help them manage your business
- A cash flow budget and the tools to make sure they stay on track
- Systems for understanding all the costs in their business
- A strategy for how to grow their business profitability in the coming years
- Financial analysis to decide where to focus their business
In other words, you will have a plan to increase profits!
Here are more details:
The group meets every other Tuesday, beginning on January 9, 2018. We will offer two sessions: in the morning (10am – 12n ET) and afternoon (4pm – 6pm ET).
Tentative Schedule of Topics
(subject to change based on participants’ needs)
January 9, 2018 (Tuesday): Business Basics and Accounting Overview
January 23, 2018 (Tuesday): Creating Cash Flow Projections for the coming year
February 6, 2018 (Tuesday): Getting Started in QuickBooks
February 20, 2018 (Tuesday): QuickBooks Part 2, Review day to day transactions, and systems for using QB to manage cash.
March 6, 2018 (Tuesday): Crop Profitability: Tracking expenses to better understand the cost of production
March 20, 2018 (Tuesday): Sales and Inventory: Systems for tracking sales and understanding which sales channels are most profitable
April 3, 2018 (Tuesday): Managing Cash in Lean Times
April 17, 2018 (Tuesday): Channel and Crop Profitability Analysis
May 1, 2018 (Tuesday): How to Read Financial Statements