The Farmer's Edge
We’re offering a special opportunity to participate in “The Farmer’s Edge.”
This Fall, we will launch a new program to give farmers and food entrepreneurs access to webinars, classes, coaching and mentoring. As we build our content, we will be recording a series of webinars and workshops.
This October, we will record classes to offer them online. You can participate in this course for $95. (That’s $400 off the regular price!)
Please note: I will record each session. By registering for this class you understand and agree that the sessions will be recorded; and anything you say during the sessions may be shared. You may join the sessions and “listen only” if you do not want your name or voice recorded and shared.
Scroll down for dates and times of sessions.
Whether you struggle to understand the economics of your business or just want to increase your farm’s profitability, this course is for you! Each session, you will delve into specific business topics that will help you maximize your farm’s profitability.
Group sessions meet on-line for 2 hours each time. The first part is devoted to a specific business topic, such as QuickBooks or Cash Flow Budgeting. The remaining portion of each class is an open discussion for participants to ask specific questions about their businesses.
By registering for this class you understand and agree that the session will be recorded; and anything you say during the sessions may be shared. You may join the sessions and “listen only” if you do not want your name or voice recorded and shared.
Space is limited; reserve your spot now!
- Learn comprehensive bookkeeping systems designed to help you manage your business.
- Create systems for understanding all the costs in your business
- Create cash flow budgets and learn the tools to help you stay on track
- Learn system to manage cash and cash flow
- Build a strategy to grow your business profitably
- Learn how to analyze your numbers so you know how to focus your business
At the end of the program participants will have:
- Comprehensive bookkeeping systems designed to help them manage your business
- A cash flow budget and the tools to make sure they stay on track
- Systems for understanding all the costs in their business
- A strategy for how to grow their business profitability in the coming years
- Financial analysis to decide where to focus their business
In other words, you will have a plan to increase profits!
Here are more details:
The group meets 8 times over 2 weeks, starting October 16 from 3pm – 5pm. You can participate in as many sessions as you wish.
Schedule of Topics
Monday, October 16, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): Business Basics and Accounting Overview
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): Getting Started in QuickBooks
Wednesday, October 18, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): QuickBooks Part 2, Review day to day transactions, and systems for using QB to manage cash.
Thursday, October 19, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): Crop Profitability: Tracking expenses to better understand the cost of production; break-even analysis
Friday, October 20, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): Sales and Inventory: Systems for tracking sales and understanding which sales channels are most profitable
Monday, October 23, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): Managing Cash in Lean Times; Enterprise Analysis
Thursday, October 26, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): How to Read Financial Statements
Friday, October 27, 2017 (3pm – 5pm): Creating Cash Flow Projections for the coming year