Julia Shanks Food Consulting partners with lawyers, designers, and marketing consultants to offer full-service solutions to your business challenges.
Business and Food Law
- Jan Glassman and Joel Sowalsky of Daily General Counsel work with small businesses and start-ups that cannot afford to hire a lawyer for their basic legal needs, or that are “lawyer-averse.” They provide affordable General Counsel Services on a One Day and Done™ model. An experienced business attorney spends a full business day at the client’s place of business for a flat fee of $1,500. They either resolve the legal issues or educate and empower their clients to proceed independently. You can see the full range of services they offer here. For follow-up or hourly work, they offer very aggressive, below market rates and rapid, effective service.
- Patrick Morin specializes in servicing the business needs of the food, beverage and hospitality industry. He handles a full range of transactional services for food, beverage and hospitality businesses, including regulatory compliance, food labeling and marketing, food safety, licensing, commercial real estate, commercial contracts, intellectual property, and corporate transactions and governance matters.
- The Legal Food Hub helps farmers, food entrepreneurs, and the organizations that support them access free legal assistance for issues such as land acquisition/transfer, estate issues, taxes, contracts, and corporate formation, among others. Our goal is to help grow the local, sustainable food system. We match eligible applicants with skilled attorneys willing to provide their legal services for free.
Restaurant and Interior Design
- Brown-Fenollosa was founded in 2006 by partners Zeke Brown and Josh Fenollosa. Many of BFA’s projects are in Boston and the surrounding area, including numerous projects on Cape Cod, the Berkshires, New York City, upstate New York and Vermont. Together, we have over 40 years of design and construction experience in residential, commercial and institutional architecture. Zeke Brown and Josh Fenollosa both hold master degrees from the Harvard University Graduate School of Design.
- Fishbrook Design Studio opened in February, 2004 in a renovated barn overlooking the Fish Brook in Boxford, MA. The practice focuses on Hospitality, Retail, Residential, Office and Educational projects. Matthew E. Juros, AIA, founding principal: “Design merges a steely grasp of function with dreams and aspiration. Being equally tuned to the rich magic of history and vibrant pace of fashion is vital to crafting a vision that has both delight and meaning.”
Graphic and Web Design
- Project Design Company is an award-winning design firm based in Washington, DC. For over ten years, we have grown and enhanced the brands and communications of cause organizations and passionate businesses. The PDC team works with the latest industry expertise and technologies to successfully transform your content into something your audience will respond to—and remember.
- Good Egg Marketing helps you increase sales and build loyalty by sharing your story. We specialize in connecting small farms and food-related business with consumers and advocates who care about food, the environment and local economies.
- CRCFO is a technical accounting and financial consulting firm utilizing a flexible and scalable team approach. Our technical team is led by highly experienced former Big 4 partners. To support your business strategy, we collaborate with your stakeholders to navigate your important transactions – IPOs, M&As, revenue arrangements – and other complex accounting, systems, process and business issues. CRCFO employs a risk-based approach to help you minimize transaction risk which maximizes stakeholder value by anticipating matters that can derail your business, transactions, financing, and external audits.
- Dawn Quesnel, CPCC, PCC, founded Career Life Balance, a coaching & consulting company for professionals who want to accelerate their careers so they can love their lives! DQ is trained and certified as a Career & Life Coach and was voted ICFNE Career Coach of the Year by her peers. When she is not coaching or facilitating workshops, she co-hosts & produces “Brain Talk Radio” airing on the 1st Wednesday of every month at 12n EST. Follow her @coachdq.