- This event has passed.
Southeastern MA Livestock Association (SEMALA) Informational Meeting
August 1, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Southeastern MA Livestock Association (SEMALA) will hold an informational event in Rehoboth to introduce ourselves and our mission to bring a state-of-the-art, local USDA-certified/Custom slaughterhouse to our region that will utilize the highest animal welfare standards possible. The event is FREE to attend and we look forward to seeing you there to answer your questions about our organization, membership to the Association, and the progress we are making in this endeavor. As a livestock producer in our region, your support and feedback are greatly appreciated. There will be hors d’oeuvres and beverages.
• To provide a state-of-the-art slaughter, butchery, cut and wrap facility with the highest standards of food safety, of butchery and of humane animal handling;
• To provide a USDA certified facility that will enable meat sales to stores and restaurants;
• To provide custom, retail, value added, marketing and artisanal opportunities as major components;
• To support existing and future livestock producers and to foster their growth in meeting increasing demand for local meat;
• To foster the growth of agriculture in general and also of those businesses which serve the farmer;
• To make our region more self-sufficient and sustainable.
Please RSVP by email to Barry Gross at email@example.com. www.semala.org.