- This event has passed.
Investing in Discovery: 2017 Food Tank Summit Boston
April 1, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$399
Food Tank, in collaboration with the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University and Oxfam America, is excited to announce the inaugural Boston Food Tank Summit. This two-day event will feature more than three dozen different speakers from the food and agriculture field. Researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials, and students will come together for discussions on diverse topics. The theme for the Summit is Investing in Discovery.
This is the second event in our 2017 Food Tank Summit Series, which will bring together some of the world’s most impactful food system leaders. Last year, the Food Tank Summits sold out and drew in more than 31,300 livestream viewers. This is a can’t miss event for 2017!
Confirmed Speakers (many more to be announced soon!):
- Lauren Abda, Founder, Branchfood
- Jody Adams, Chef and Co-owner, Trade Restaurant
- Julian Agyeman, Professor of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, Tufts University
- Patricia Baker, Senior Policy Analyst, Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
- Ian Brady, Co-Founder & CEO, AVA
- Sara Burnett, Director of Wellness and Food Policy, Panera Bread
- Matthew Dillon, Director of Agricultural Policy & Programs, Clif Bar
- Jess Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor of Ethics and Global Food & Agriculture, Johns Hopkins University
- Oliver Gottfried, Senior Campaign Strategist, Oxfam America
- Timothy Griffin, Director, Agriculture, Food and Environment Program, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Tamar Haspel, Columnist, The Washington Post
- William Masters, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University
- Congressman Jim McGovern, U.S. Congress (D-MA)
- Brad McNamara, CEO & Co-Founder, Freight Farms
- Monique Mikhail, Senior Campaign Strategist, Greenpeace
- Danielle Nierenberg, President, Food Tank
- Dariush Mozaffarian, Dean, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Kimbal Musk, Chef and Co-Founder, The Kitchen
- Councilor Ayanna Pressley, City Councilor At-Large, Boston City Council
- Doug Rauch, Founder and President, Daily Table
- Ruth Richardson, Executive Director, Global Alliance for the Future of Food
- Lindsey Shute, Executive Director and Co-Founder, National Young Farmers Coalition
- Paul Willis, Rancher and Founder, Niman Ranch Pork Company
- Parke Wilde, Associate Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University.
- Norbert Wilson, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University.
- Tim Wise, Senior Researcher, Land and Food Rights Program, Small Planet Institute and Director, Research and Policy Program, Tufts University’s Global Development and Environment Institute
Hurry, this event will sell out!
On April 1st, experts and top leaders across all sectors of the food world will come together for interactive panels and discussion moderated by top journalists. The entire first day will be live streamed on www.FoodTank.com.
On the morning of April 2nd, Food + Future coLAB will host a walking tour of their facility. After a networking breakfast, Food + Future will share with attendees its vision of using radical collaboration and transparency to innovate within the food system.
Ticket Information and Details:
The Summit (Day 1). Includes the entire Food Tank Summit (breakfast and lunch provided) on April 1st. 35+ incredible speakers held at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. $399.
The Summit (Day 1) & The Tour (Day 2). Includes The Summit on April 1st and The Tour on April 2nd. The April 2nd Tour is being hosted by Food + Future coLAB at 80 Broadway and includes both a networking breakfast and a tour. Tour stops will highlight: How Food + Future hopes to eliminate food fraud in the supply chain, A discussion about the issues leading to nutrition degradation along the supply chain, and A fun, collaborative brainstorm with visitors. $399
Thank you to our sponsors: Barilla Center for Food and Nutrition, Blue Apron, Fair Trade USA, Food and Environment Reporting Network (FERN), Mother Jones, Naked Juice, Organic Valley, Panera Bread, sweetgreen, and VegFund.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Please email Bernard Pollack at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Interested in volunteering? Please send your resume and availability to Vanesa Botero-Lowry at email@example.com
Food Tank’s Refund Policy: We understand that schedules change. The deadline to cancel your registration and receive a full refund is March 17, 2017. Any requests made after March 17, 2017 can not be processed