- This event has passed.
Innovating the Commonwealth’s Food Economy
October 10, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join sponsors HUB Week, Fresh Truck and CommonWealth Kitchen for Innovating the Commonwealth’s Food Economy on Saturday, October 10 from 12-4pm. This family-friendly celebration of local food showcasing amazing entrepreneurs and innovative organizations who are disrupting and re-imagining our regional food economy!
- Work alongside amazing chefs as we pickle, can, and preserve the harvest in CommonWealth Kitchen’s state-of-the-art facilities;
- Play with your food, as we craft sweet and savory hand pies using the freshest local ingredients;
- Sample delicious local fare fresh from the farm, field, and sea, and hot out of the oven or off the grill;
- Meet some of the visionary farmers, processors, distributors, educators, and community partners working to strengthen our regional food system;
- Enjoy a family-friendly event with fun kids’ activities
- And most importantly, come and meet your neighbors, make new friends, and enjoy a wonderful community feast!
Visit www.commonwealthkitchen.org for more information.
Other participating organizations:
|Boston Public Market||ChopChop Kids||Branchfood|
|Red Apple Farm||Food Solutions New England||CERO Coop|
|Siena Farm||Hoodfit||Red’s Best|
|The Food Project||Dorchester Bay EDC||Dorchester Food Coop|
|Urban Farming Institute|