- This event has passed.
How to Grow Your Workforce When You Are Short on Time and Money: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to HR Law
June 11, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$40
Learn how to make employment decisions in a lean, quickly-changing business environment. After learning about the laws and best practices, you will be better equipped to hire your first employee or to expand from 1 to 10, 20 and beyond.
- HR Laws that require businesses to pay and protect workers.
- The employment relationship is complicated, from compensation to working conditions, to time off, to interpersonal relationships and differences, to professional development.
- Worker classification, including employees, interns and independent contractors.
- Basic Employer Requirements: Authorization to work in the United States, payroll and insurances.
- Using agreements to protect company property.
- How to maximize productivity and minimize distractions, including managing personnel records and preventing discrimination.