- This event has passed.
Food Culture, Boston, and the Contemporary City
November 12, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Food culture is changing how we experience and interact with cities. Is the current interest in food new? How important is food culture to American cities today? How are cities innovating to solve food-related challenges? Does food culture impact all neighborhoods equally? What are the tradeoffs in balancing innovation and regulation? And where does Boston stack up?
Join us November 12th for lunch and a discussion with researchers and experts in the field.
This conversation, part of the IOC Urban Seminar Series. Panelists will include:
- Jenny Effron, Executive Director of Washington Gateway Main Streets
- Howard Leibowitz, Co-Founder of the Boston Food Policy Council and former Executive Director of the Boston Public Market
- Josh Hubbard, Executive Director of the Restaurant Entrepreneurship Institute
- Connor Fitzmaurice, PhD Candidate, Boston University Department of Sociology
- Moderated by David Glick, Assistant Professor of Political Science, BU