- This event has passed.
5th Boston JerkFest Caribbean Foodie Festival (ticketed)
June 23 - June 24$20
Eat, Drink, & be Irie with us for this year’s 5th Boston JerkFest, June 23-24, 2017. It’s going to be hotter than ever! This out-door/in-door family-friendly Caribbean style foodie festival is located in the South End at the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology. The festival offers jerk hot BBQ and spicy food for sale, live music, children’s activities, Chef Demos, and Cocktail Demos. What about coconuts and rum cakes? Yes, we’ve got them too!
The Saturday festivities offer two sessions to choose from: 11 am-3 pm and 4 pm-8 pm. The Rum & Brew Tasting @ Boston JerkFest on Friday night is for 21+ festival attendees and held 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm. View the 2014 Boston JerkFest video. More details to come. This event is for 21+ ONLY and proper I.D. required to attend–no exceptions.
There are VIP, 1-day, and 2-day passes available. A portion of proceeds benefits Cambridge Carnival International, celebrating 25 years on September 10, 2017.
Boston JerkFest features live music with more than a dozen artists jamming to the tunes of reggae, soca, steel drums, world music, Caribbean rhythms, and more. Our Kids & Culture zone offers hands-on interactive activities for children, including learning how to play the steel drums.
• Top local Caribbean Chefs offering authentic jerk spiced foods and traditional Caribbean home-made beverages for sale
• Live music featuring live music performances, including reggae bands, Tempo International Steel Band, and DJ’sKids & Culture Zone with interactive arts & crafts and activities for children of all ages
• Seafood Throwdown Competition (Session 1 on Saturday)Jerk Cook-off Competition (Session 2 on Saturday)
• The Reggae Bar will have rum punch, craft beer, wine for sale on SaturdaySpice Lane includes specialty foods such as rum cake, spicy nuts, spicy jams, hot sauces, and desserts
• Friday night Rum & Brew Tasting will offer craft beer, local and international spirits, artisan beverages and Caribbean themed libationsCaribbean Cocktail Throwdown Competition, Cocktail Demos
• New this year, the Reggae Lounge is an adult hang out place with dominos, cocktail demos, and adult focused activities.
JERK COOK-OFF & SEAFOOD THROWDOWN
Boston’s best Caribbean Chefs compete for bragging rights and the official Jerk Champ Chef for the Seafood Throwdown & Jerk Cook-off competitions. We are seeking Chefs who are interested in participating in these competitions or doing a demo. Contact us at [masked]
• General Admission: $20 adults $5 children (no food)
• 2-Day Pass – $65 (does not include food)
• VIP Admission – $100 (VIP tickets include a meal ticket)
INFO & TICKETS
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram- @bostonjerkfest