Welcome to The Farmer’s Office.
This is on-line class for farmers to help them develop their business skills and think like entrepreneurs.
This course is divided into four modules:
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Setting Up Bookkeeping Systems
- Analyzing Financials to Improve Profitability
- Planning for Growth
Within each module you’ll find webinars, PowerPoint presentations, quizzes and excel templates designed to enhance your learning.
In this section, we cover basic principles of account that will help you start thinking like a businessperson. The topics we’ll cover
- Basic Accounting Concepts
- Cash vs. Accrual Accounting
- The Balance Sheet Equation
- Depreciation and Accumulated Depreciation
- Fixed vs. Variable Costs
- Capital Expenses vs. Operating Expenses
- Overview of the Financial Statements
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Cash Flow